#56: Ethan Hein- Music Professor, NYU Doctoral Fellow, Blogger
Ethan Hein teaches music technology NYU and Montclair State University. His blog covers all kinds of related topics on music theory and technology. Ethan's work is a must for anyone looking to go deep into studying music and the culture surrounding it.
Ethan and I had a great conversation about creating music, overcoming obstacles, and finding meaning in one's work. I really enjoy how Ethan is able to tie together concepts and illuminate new ways of understanding what music means and how it impacts us and reflects the state of our world.
- Ethan Hein Blog - Tons of great writings on all things making music.
- NYC Ableton Live User Group - Full video of an advanced user group meeting, featuring Ethan Hein, Ben Casey, Thomas Piper, and AfroDJMac.
- Disquiet - The work of Mark Weindenbaum, where you can find the weekly Junto Project Ethan spoke about.
- 33 1/3 - A series of books about albums.
- Music Technology Syllabus - Ethan's syllabus for his Music Tech course at New York University.