I spoke with Eban Crawford, who makes music as Senator Jaiz. Eban is bringing his workshop, "No Permission Needed," to Moogfest for the second year in a row. He has an awesome "grown up" music job at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. In this episode, we discuss a plethora of topics like his sound design work for the museum, which involved creating music to the flight data of an egret; his popular workshop for Moogfest; and creating imperfections in digital music. It was inspiring and fascinating; just look at those show notes! Enjoy!
Support the Podcast on Patreon
- Reaching for Lucidity Productions
- Senator Jaiz Bandcamp
- Senator Jaiz Soundcloud
- Eban's Instagram
- Eban's very active YouTube page
- Moogfest Profile for No Permission Needed
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- Roland Kays
- Michael Harren
- Cinematic - iOS Video App
- Takete - iOS Audio Visual App
- James Taylor - Guitar Tuning
- Multi-Scaled Guitar - "Fanned Frets"
- Gnash - Homegrown mini-documentary
- Family Guy - Peter becomes a DJ
- CDM's Response to DeadMau5's "We All Press Play."
- Henry Rollins and Pharrell