#52: Rozalind MacPhail - Flutist, Electronic Musician, and Educator
Rozalind MacPhail is a Canadian flutist and producer who blends effected flute, electronics, voice, omnichord, field recordings and silent film through Ableton Live. MacPhail creates music for film and live performance and has released several albums of original work. Rozalind recently took home an East Coast Music Award for Electronic Recording of the Year and MusicNL’s Female Artist of the Year. MacPhail is sponsored by Gemeinhardt Musical Instruments.
I had a great conversation with Rozalind about her work as a flutist and electronic musician. We discussed everything from the technology, philosophy, and technical approach Rozalind uses in her music.
- Official Website: The hub for Rozalind's work.
- Bandcamp - Rozalind's releases.
- SoundCloud - More of Rozalind's music.
- YouTube - See some of Rozalind's Audio/Visual work.
- Gemeinhardt Flutes
- The RPM Challenge - Make an album during February.
- Robert Dick - World Renowned Flutist
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer
- "The Invitation" by Oriah Mountain Dreamer