#50: 2 Ways to Develop Your Tracks
Let's continue our #FinishFebruary2018 work! In today's episode, we talk about a couple of techniques we can use to move forward with our tracks. I'd still characterize these steps as the planning phase, but I think taking these extra steps will focus our work in the future, which will ultimately save us time. It's very easy to get lost in making music without any direction; these two steps will help focus our work.
Support the Podcast on Patreon
- Warp 10 - A full and free video course on all of the updates in Ableton Live 10.
- Google Spreadsheet: Use this spreadsheet to categorize your jams and organize your thoughts on each one.
- My Spreadsheet - Here's what I did with my spreadsheet. I still want to add a few tracks from the previous year that will fit in with some of the jams from #Jamuary2018.
- My Jamuary 2018 Tracks - YouTube playlist of all 31 jams.
- Making Music - A guide to beginning, progressing, and finishing tracks, by Dennis DeSantis. About 1/3 of the book is available here for free.
- Freytag's Pyramid - Plot diagram.
- Episode #48 - Introduction to #FinishFebruary2018.